It’s that time of year…the time for spending too much money on Christmas, eating too much fudge and of course, creating goals for the coming year. What are your goals for 2018?
Have you given it much thought yet? If you have already written down your goals for 2018, good for you!
If not…it’s time, my friend.
My life has gone through a lot of changes this past year and I’m seriously stressed. Stressed to the point of fatigue, stomach troubles and an overwhelming feeling of doom. When I was complaining about it to a friend, she asked if I had my priorities straight. At the time I didn’t really have much of an answer other than work, work and more work. But, after thinking about that statement for a couple of weeks, I realized I didn’t have my priorities straight. Not at all.
I was so concerned about trying to do everything that I thought I was supposed to be doing, that I wasn’t paying any attention to the things that matter most to me in life. My family, my home and this little business that I have put so much of myself into over the years. Those are the things that matter most to me.
I need to stop adding things to my plate that create more stress for me and 2018 is the year I’m going to do it. I’m going to stop stressing myself out over things I can’t change and stop trying to be everything to everyone. It doesn’t do any good and it just creates more hassle in my life than I need.
My biggest goal of all this year is to be intentional. I’m going to start doing more of the things I love and stop doing things just because I’m “supposed” to do them.
So, here’s my list of 18 goals for 2018, I hope it will inspire you to create your own list of goals!
18 Goals for 2018
- Do more freezer cooking
- Grow a better garden (and actually keep it alive)
- Can and freeze more of the garden harvest
- Reduce the grocery bill
- Make more things from scratch (like homemade mixes for cakes, brownies, etc.)
- Stick to the menu plan
- Reduce stress and stop worrying about things I can’t control
- Follow my planner everyday
- Reduce unnecessary spending
- Go on vacation with my family
- Stop trying to do everything
- Spend more time creating memories with my family
Design (Business) Goals
- Focus more on branding my shop
- Increase the selection of personalized stationery, along with more grocery and to do list notepads
- Launch 1 -2 new products throughout the year
- Increase marketing efforts (both for the blog and the shop)
- Expand newsletter
- Blog daily
There you have it! My 18 Goals for 2018…when I sat down to write this post, I thought I’d struggle to come up with 18 goals, but I guess I was wrong. I’ve got a lot to do this year!
What are your goals for 2018?
Have a Spectacular Day!