If you think cranberry sauce is the best thing about Thanksgiving dinner, then don’t give in to the can! Use this super simple 3 ingredient homemade cranberry sauce recipe and make your own this year.My family has an addiction to cranberry sauce…especially homemade cranberry sauce. There’s no opening 1 can (or jar!) here! These people eat it right up and we always end up opening two…and yes, there is only 4 of us…which basically makes us pigs. However, by learning to make homemade cranberry sauce, you can reduce the sugar and therefore serve your family even more, because now you know it’s good for them! Does that make you feel a little better? Good! So, you have 2 choices on how to make this delicious Homemade Cranberry Sauce. Choice #1 – Make it for NOW Choice #2 – Make it for LATER It’s up to you how you want to do it. But, I highly recommend canning this stuff. It’s like gold, my friends! So, let’s get to it, shall we…
Make it for NOW
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- Combine the above ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Heat on medium temperature for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries burst.
- Remove cranberry sauce from saucepan and place in a bowl with a lid. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!