Need a quick, easy side dish for dinner tonight? There’s no need to resort to nasty boxed Mac n’ Cheese! Give your taste buds some love with these super yummy 5 ingredient simple smashed potatoes instead.
This delicious side dish takes about an hour to bake, but your hands on time is literally, like 5 minutes and there are just 5 ingredients. It truly doesn’t get any easier!
And you can alter the flavor however you like, too! Add some onion powder in place of the garlic or sprinkle a little rosemary over the top.
Speaking of putting things over the top, you can eat these simple smashed potatoes just as they are or add some sour cream or plain greek yogurt. You could even sprinkle on a little bit of your favorite cheese!
Here’s the recipe –
- 4 to 6 potatoes
- 4 to 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Do not remove the skins.
- Poke a few holes in the top of the potatoes using a knife or a fork.
- Place each potato on an individual sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle each potato with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper, as desired.
- Wrap the foil around each potato. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and take off the foil.
- Press each potato flat, using a large spatula.
- Serve hot.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on