Looking for a quick and easy dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare? This Cheesy Chicken Taco Soup will surely hit the spot on a cold, winter’s night.
Happy New Year! I hope you had an awesome celebration with family and friends. We just hung out at our house for New Year’s Eve and ate some snacks and homemade pizza. I barely made it to midnight.
After falling asleep around 10, I somehow managed to wake up at 11:45 – just in time to see the ball light up in NYC.
Personally, I miss the falling ball. It was more exciting and really gave you something to look forward to seeing each year. Oh well…
After a week of eating too much, the kids really didn’t want dinner on New Years Day. Of course, the husband did and so I had to come up with something that was light enough to satisfy me and the girls, but hearty enough for dear old Dad.
Soup it is!
I headed to my recipe vault and started searching, but I couldn’t decide if I wanted Creamy Chicken and Garlic Soup or White Chicken Chili. So, I combined the two and came up with this delicious Cheesy Chicken Taco Soup.
I mean, you could turn it on low and cook it for hours if you really wanted to, but who has time for that? Just throw it all together and serve in less than half an hour.
It’s perfect for a busy night or a just a night when you don’t feel like cooking. Plus, you can give your husband a big, ole hearty serving filled with the veggies and meat while adding a smaller portion and more broth to your own bowl.
No, it’s certainly not the healthiest of soups, but add it to your dinner menu anyway. It’s so good and will satisfy your whole family on a cold winter’s night.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cut into small chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium temperature. Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the chili powder, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and black pepper. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour water into the spice mixture. Turn the temperature to high.
- Add bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, baked beans, corn and tomatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the temperature back down to medium.
- Drop chunks of Velveeta and cream cheese into the soup. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until all of the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with homemade garlic bread.
You might also like:
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup in Homemade Bread Bowls
- Easy Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!