Want a quick and easy dinner recipe that doesn’t require much effort? Cheesy Meatball Subs are the perfect dinner for a busy night or a lazy Saturday afternoon.
Cheese, Meatball, Pizza Sauce and Bread…is there a better combination? Not in my mind. As you know, pizza and lasagna are my favorite foods on earth and as far as I’m concerned these Oooey, Gooey, Cheesy Meatball Subs are right up there in my top 10, too.
These subs are super easy to make, taste delicious and your whole family will love them. Plus, the very best part is, they only require 4 ingredients.
And they’re ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry!
So, give them a try. Add them to your dinner menu on your next busy night and let me know what you think!
Here’s the recipe –
- Pizza dough or 4 sub rolls
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 16 meatballs, cooked
- 16 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make Homemade Sub Rolls:
- Make pizza dough as directed in the link above.
- Roll into 4 long cylinders instead of into a round pizza shape. Place dough cylinders onto a large baking sheet. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Make a batch of homemade pizza sauce and let it simmer on the stove.
- Bake sub rolls for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a bread knife to slice the rolls in half, vertically, but don't cut all the way through the bread. Leave about 1/2 inch of the bread still attached.
Prepare Cheesy Meatball Subs:
- Drizzle sauce through the inside of the bread.
- Place 4 meatballs inside the sub roll.
- Drizzle more sauce over the meatballs.
- Lay 4 slices of mozzarella over the saucy meatballs.
- Arrange meatball subs on a large baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends: