This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Who says Lasagna has to have red sauce? This spectacular Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna recipe is the perfect alternative to the traditional version.
We love lasagna. But, sometimes it’s nice to put away the excess cheese and red sauce to have something a little different instead. Something like this Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s easy to make and it doesn’t require a bunch of oddball ingredients, either.
You could even use turkey in place of the chicken or switch it up with your family’s favorite vegetables to make it the perfect meal for you and yours. Consider adding spinach, squash, sliced tomatoes or even chopped up green beans.
If you really wanted to get creative, you could even swap out the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses for Parmesan or Gruyere.
The possibilities are endless!
So, the next time you find a lonely box of lasagna in your pantry, head to the kitchen and whip up this Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna – your family will love it!
Here’s the recipe:
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bullion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare lasagna noodles as directed on the packaging.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large pot. Pour the chicken stock over the chicken and cook on medium-high heat until boiling. Turn the temperature down to medium-low and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Shred cooled chicken, using 2 forks. Turn the stock back up to high temperature until boiling.
- Place the broccoli, carrots, celery and corn into a food processor and pulse until the vegetables are finely chopped. Pour the chopped vegetables into the boiling chicken stock. Boil for 3 - 4 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a small skillet on medium temperature. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the flour to form a soft ball.
- Pour in milk, chicken bullion, kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk until smooth. Continue stirring and heat until the mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce into the bottom of a 9 inch x 13 inch casserole dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles into the dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the shredded chicken.
- Repeat with 1/4 of the chopped vegetables. Pour 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with Homemade Garlic Bread.
Be sure to add this delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna recipe to your meal planner this week.
You might also like:
- Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe: Ready in 20 Minutes!
- Garlic Chicken and Linguini
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on