Who says Lasagna has to have red sauce? This spectacular Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna recipe is the perfect alternative to the traditional version.
Plus, you can easily switch it up with your family’s favorite vegetables to make it the perfect meal for you and yours. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s the handy dandy printable:
Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bullion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare lasagna noodles as directed on the packaging.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large pot. Pour the chicken stock over the chicken and cook on medium-high heat until boiling. Turn the temperature down to medium-low and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Shred cooled chicken, using 2 forks. Turn the stock back up to high temperature until boiling.
- Place the broccoli, carrots, celery and corn into a food processor and pulse until the vegetables are finely chopped. Pour the chopped vegetables into the boiling chicken stock. Boil for 3 - 4 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a small skillet on medium temperature. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the flour to form a soft ball.
- Pour in milk, chicken bullion, kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk until smooth. Continue stirring and heat until the mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce into the bottom of a 9 inch x 13 inch casserole dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles into the dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the shredded chicken.
- Repeat with 1/4 of the chopped vegetables. Pour 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with Homemade Garlic Bread.
Be sure to add this delicious Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna recipe to your meal planner this week.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!