Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs Recipe
Yum! Instead of the Spicy Meatball Sandwiches that are on our June Menu Plan, I whipped up these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs for dinner last night and holy cow, were they delicious!
In fact, I’m going to eat the leftovers for lunch today…just as soon as I finish this post.
These chicken meatballs are super easy to make and honestly, they’re the perfect alternative to your standard meatball.
I can’t say they are a healthier option because, well…bacon is just not a healthy option. But, you could always leave it out if you are trying to eat a lighter diet.
Here’s the recipe:
Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 to 6 Sub rolls
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken into a large baking dish. Lay the bacon over the top of the chicken. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Place chicken and bacon into a large food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add bread crumbs, eggs, oregano, parsley and Parmesan cheese to the meat. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
- Scoop chicken mixture into "meatballs" using a tablespoon or medium cookie scoop.
- Arrange chicken bacon meatballs on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy and lightly brown.
- Pour marinara sauce into a large pot and heat on medium temperature. Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and stir to cover.
- Place 3 to 4 meatballs into each sub roll. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place subs onto a baking sheet. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Be sure to add this delicious Chicken Bacon Meatball Sub recipe to your menu planner for this month!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!