Itching for something new for dinner? Try these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs tonight!
Yum! Instead of the Spicy Meatball Sandwiches that are on our June Menu Plan, I whipped up these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs for dinner last night and holy cow, were they delicious!
In fact, I’m going to eat the leftovers for lunch today…just as soon as I finish this post.
These meatballs are super easy to make and honestly, they’re the perfect alternative to your standard meatball. Throw together some Homemade French Fries, Parmesan Garlic Baked Potatoes or even 5 Ingredient Simple Smashed Potatoes for a side dish and you’ve got the perfect comfort meal!
I can’t say they are a healthier option because, well…bacon is just not a healthy option. But, you could always leave it out if you are trying to eat a lighter diet.
Either way, they taste amazing and your family is going to love these Meatball Subs, so be sure to give this recipe a try!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 to 6 Sub rolls
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken into a large baking dish. Lay the bacon over the top of the chicken. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Place chicken and bacon into a large food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add bread crumbs, eggs, oregano, parsley and Parmesan cheese to the meat. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
- Scoop chicken mixture into "meatballs" using a tablespoon or medium cookie scoop.
- Arrange chicken bacon meatballs on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy and lightly brown.
- Pour marinara sauce into a large pot and heat on medium temperature. Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and stir to cover.
- Place 3 to 4 meatballs into each sub roll. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place subs onto a baking sheet. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Be sure to add this delicious recipe to your menu planner for this month!
You might also like:
- Oooey, Gooey, Cheesy Meatball Subs
- Spicy Hawaiian Meatball Recipe
- Spaghetti & Sausage Meatballs Recipe
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on