This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Need a quick and easy recipe for dinner? Try this chicken & broccoli casserole recipe! It’s super easy to make and tastes delicious any day of the week!
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole is the perfect go to recipe when you can’t think of anything else to add to the menu or you’re just not interested in the meals you have planned.
It makes a great dinner for a cold winter night, plus it requires mostly staple items that you’re sure to have in the pantry.
You can even add in some extra veggies and leave the chicken out to make this simple dish a meatless meal. Or add more vegetables, with the chicken, to make it a “healthier” casserole.
Out of chicken, but have some leftover turkey in the freezer? Use it in place of the chicken or use ground beef, if you have that instead.
Everything tastes good covered in cheese sauce, right?
In fact, this Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is a great way to get your cheese loving kiddos to eat more vegetables!
So, if you’re looking for something new for dinner that doesn’t take forever to prepare, be sure to give this recipe a try. Your family is going to love it!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Cut the chicken breast into cubes, about 1 inch in size. Fry the chicken until the outside is brown and crispy.
- Boil the elbow macaroni as directed on the packaging. Add broccoli and diced tomatoes to the macaroni for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Scoop the macaroni, broccoli and chicken into a large casserole dish.
- Place butter into a medium pot and heat on medium-low temperature until melted. Add the flour to the butter and stir quickly to create a thick paste. Pour the milk into the pot and heat to boiling while stirring constantly. Remove the pot from the heat source. Add the cheeses, pepper and seasoning salt. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the casserole and stir to combine. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like:
- Spinach and Broccoli Casserole
- 20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
- Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!