Need a quick and easy recipe for dinner? Try this chicken & broccoli casserole recipe! It’s super easy to make and tastes delicious any day of the week!
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole is the perfect go to recipe when you can’t think of anything else to add to the menu or you’re just not interested in the meals you have planned.
You can even add in some extra veggies and leave the chicken out to make this simple dish a meatless meal. Or just add more vegetables to make it a “healthier” casserole.
- Large skillet
- Sharp knife
- Large stockpot
- Large spoon
- Medium pot
- Large casserole dish
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Cut the chicken breast into cubes, about 1 inch in size. Fry the chicken until the outside is brown and crispy.
- Boil the elbow macaroni as directed on the packaging. Add broccoli and diced tomatoes to the macaroni for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Scoop the macaroni, broccoli and chicken into a large casserole dish.
- Place butter into a medium pot and heat on medium-low temperature until melted. Add the flour to the butter and stir quickly to create a thick paste. Pour the milk into the pot and heat to boiling while stirring constantly. Remove the pot from the heat source. Add the cheeses, pepper and seasoning salt. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the casserole and stir to combine. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like:
- Spinach and Broccoli Casserole
- 20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
- Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on