Need a quick and easy recipe for dinner? Try this chicken & broccoli casserole recipe! It’s super easy to make and tastes delicious any day of the week!
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole is the perfect go to recipe when you can’t think of anything else to add to the menu or you’re just not interested in the meals you have planned.
Here’s the printable recipe:
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Cut the chicken breast into cubes, about 1 inch in size. Fry the chicken until the outside is brown and crispy.
- Boil the elbow macaroni as directed on the packaging. Add the broccoli to the macaroni for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain the macaroni and broccoli.
- Scoop the macaroni, broccoli and chicken into a large casserole dish.
- Place butter into a medium pot and heat on medium-low temperature until melted. Add the flour to the butter and stir quickly to create a thick paste. Pour the milk into the pot and heat to boiling while stirring constantly. Remove the pot from the heat source. Add the cheeses, pepper and seasoning salt. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the casserole and stir to combine. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2 cups day old bread
- 1 package ranch dip mix
- Place the bread and dip mix into a food processor or blender and blend to create crumbs.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto a large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 60 to 90 minutes or until the crumbs are lightly brown.
- Cool and use in place of store bought breadcrumbs in all your favorite recipes including the Chicken & Broccoli Casserole recipe above.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!