This Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe only requires 4 ingredients and it goes in the slow cooker…what could be easier?
St. Patrick’s Day will be here soon, which gives us the opportunity to eat a favorite dinner AND to stock up on corned beef and cabbage at their lowest prices.
Many grocery stores have corned beef on sale for around $3.99/lb. and cabbage can be found as low as 17¢ per pound!
At those low prices, you’ll definitely want to add this delicious Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe to your St. Patrick’s Day meal plan!
It’s one of my very favorite meals. And my oldest daughter prefers the meal on St. Patrick’s Day over any other holiday!
So, if you’ve never had it before…or even if you have…give this recipe a try – you’re going to love it!
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 to 4 pound corned beef
- 4 to 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 to 6 baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 small head of cabbage, quartered
- Place the corned beef, carrots and baby red potatoes into the slow cooker.
- Cover the meat and vegetables with water, about 4 cups.
- Cover and turn the slow cooker on medium temperature and allow to cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and add the cabbage. Cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from slow cooker in place into a serving bowl. Remove the meat and slice thin.
- Serve with horseradish and spicy brown mustard.
May the luck of the Irish be with you all through your days…
You might also like:
- Homemade Corned Beef Recipe
- Apple Beer Braised Cabbage Recipe
- Lucky Cookies Recipe
- 10 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes You’re Going to Love!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!