Looking for a new side dish to add to your dinner menu? Try my Country Fried Potatoes – they’re crunchy and delicious, plus they’re simple to throw together on even the busiest night of the week.
Breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day. I love breakfast food, but, I’d much rather have it for dinner. I’m just not into eating a heavy meal first thing in the morning. Give me my coffee and I’m good to go!
But, Country Fried Potatoes are one of my favorite breakfast foods, so whenever we’re having breakfast for dinner, it’s usually on the menu, right along side the eggs and bacon.
Some people like to add onions and peppers to theirs, but I think Country Fried Potatoes are perfect with just salt, pepper and garlic.
However, if you wanted to, you could add the onions and peppers. You could also add chopped bacon or ham and even chopped vegetables to make a healthier side dish.
And if you’re feeling lazy, you can use frozen diced potatoes instead of peeling and cutting them up yourself.
Here’s the recipe –
- Large skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet on medium-high temperature.
- Add minced garlic to the hot oil and butter. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread diced potatoes around the pan.
- Sprinkle potatoes with black pepper, kosher salt and garlic powder. Stir to coat the potatoes with oil and butter.
- Continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on