Your dog is part of the family, so why not make him the best homemade dog treats? Try this yummy 2 ingredient recipe today – it’s easy to make and super cheap too!
You love your puppy like family, right? So, why would you feed him or her those junky cheap treats from the store?
Would you feed them to your kids? Could you eat them?
Probably not, but you could eat these easy 2 ingredient homemade dog treats…if you wanted to!
They might not taste the greatest, but with only baby food and oat flour as ingredients, they’re just as edible as your favorite cookie.
And you can make them in any flavor your dog likes! Just head to the baby food aisle at the grocery store and pick out his favorites.
Here’s Some Flavor Ideas…
- Sweet Potato
- Peanut Butter
- And the list goes on and on…
You could even mix some of these flavors and make an even bigger variety of the best homemade dog treats!
Just be sure not to use anything that puppies are allergic to…here’s a great list from WebMD Pets.
Our Reason for Making The Best Homemade Dog Treats
Most of you know that we adopted 2 rescue puppies in August 2015.
They are they sweetest little puppy girls, but holy cow, do they like to eat!
Because they are rescues, we are sort of unsure of their full breeding. The only idea we currently have is that their mother was a Shepherd…of some sort.
This makes it very difficult to choose the right foods and to know how much food to feed them.
I mean a Chihuahua eats way less than a St. Bernard, right?
But regardless of what their breeding is, they love these dog treats! In fact, they try to go outside, just so they can have one when they come back inside.
When they come back inside, they run straight to the cabinet where I keep their yummy dog biscuits.
Pretty smart puppies!
These Homemade Dog Treats are So Easy to Make!
But, the best part is for me!
Just like when baking for humans, you want to use the least ingredients necessary and these homemade dog treats only require the 2 ingredients mentioned above.
One of which you can pick based on your own dogs needs or personal preference! Plus, they take less than an hour to make and cost only pennies for a whole batch!
Can’t find oat flour at your local grocery store?
Order Arrowhead Mills Oat Flour on Amazon and get it in just a 2 days if you’re a Prime member!
Not a Prime member yet? Why Not?!
You can even try it FREE for 30 days!
EBT and/or Medicaid card holder?
Click here to learn how you can get Prime at a discounted rate after the free trial runs out!
So, what are you waiting for?
Head to the kitchen and whip up a batch of these easy 2 ingredient dog treats for your favorite puppy today!
- Large mixing bowl and electric mixer or stand mixer
- Rolling pin
- Bone shaped cookie cutters
- 11″ x 17″ baking sheet
- Airtight container
Here’s the printable recipe…
- 1 cup pureed meat, vegetables or fruit, AKA baby food
- 2 cups oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out treats using bone shaped cookie cutters (or any shape cutter) and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or until the dog treats are golden brown).
- Turn off the oven and allow the treats to cool, for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, inside the oven.
- Give puppies a taste test...
- Store your homemade dog treats inside an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
Don’t forget the bone shaped cookie cutters! Here’s a great set from Amazon!
Still want more recipes for homemade dog treats?
- The Healthy Hound Cookbook: Over 125 Easy Recipes for Healthy, Homemade Dog Food–Including Grain-Free, Paleo, and Raw Recipes!
- Easy Homemade Dog Treat Recipes: Fun Homemade Dog Treats for the Busy Pet Lover
- Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook (Revised Edition): Over 100 Tail-Wagging Treats
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on