Most of you already know that I love pizza…that it’s one of my very favorite foods. Around here we make homemade pizza, a lot. But, did you know that it’s not my husband’s favorite?
Weirdo that he is, he doesn’t really love pizza. But, he’s a man and when you put bacon and garlic on something, you know the man is going to eat it right up.
Last week, my daughter wanted to try these Pizza Sliders that we found on Pinterest, but I forgot to buy the rolls when we were grocery shopping and so we had to make something else.
Instead, we decided to have flatbread pizza, because we love it and it’s super-easy to make.
Luckily, I had some leftover bacon in the fridge and was able to quickly throw together this delicious Flatbread Pizza with Spicy Bacon & Garlic for the husband.
And when I say throw together, I literally was winging it, but would you believe he ate the entire thing?
He loved it, despite his dislike for pizza or flatbread or anything other than meat and potatoes.
So, if you have a picky husband (or son or any man!) at your house, be sure to give this recipe a try – you might just get to have pizza more often!
Here’s the recipe –
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter and milk into the flour mixture. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Sprinkle flour on your counter or work surface. Pour dough onto counter.
- Knead for 2 to 3 minutes or until the dough is smooth. Cover and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 4 balls. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into round discs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place 1 disc into the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the disc and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with each flatbread pizza disc.
- Place bacon, garlic and spices into a medium skillet. Heat on medium-high temperature for 5 minutes or until the bacon is sizzling. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup pizza sauce onto each flatbread pizza.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Spread bacon and garlic mixture over the cheese.
- Place flatbread pizza into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!