Surprise your family with these Fresh Strawberry Muffins for breakfast any day of the week. They take just 5 minutes to prepare and bake while you’re getting ready for work.
As I mentioned back in January, I have a TON of old recipes drafted for you that I just haven’t gotten around to sharing. Currently, I have around 372 recipes written that I haven’t posted.
That’s crazy, isn’t it? But, I’m working on it…this is the year.
And these Fresh Strawberry Muffins are one of those recipes.
Since it’s nearing strawberry season, I figured now would be a great time to get this one posted for you. Especially, if you’ve decided to start your own strawberries this year.
These yummy muffins are made with fresh strawberries and lots of vanilla. Plus, they only take a few minutes to whip up.
Believe it or not, the recipe is so easy that you could whip them up first thing in the morning and have them ready for your family as soon as you get out of the shower.
Who says cooking from scratch has to be difficult and time-consuming?
So, go ahead, try it…
Make this recipe for your family tomorrow morning and see for yourself how easy it is to serve your loved ones a healthy, filling breakfast that didn’t come out of a box…
Here’s the recipe:
- 12 Cavity muffin tin
- Large mixing bowl and electric mixer or stand mixer with bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Large ice cream scoop
Fresh Strawberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1 cup diced strawberries, fresh **See notes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, beaten egg and vanilla to the dry ingredients and combine with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Pour the melted shortening into the batter and combine.
- Fold the strawberries into the muffin batter using a wooden spoon.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin cavities about 2/3 full with batter.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!