Need a quick, easy recipe that the whole family will love? Try this Garlic Chicken and Linguini – not only is it amazingly delicious, it’s good for you, too!
As if you couldn’t already tell from my previous recipes, we eat a lot of garlic around here. I use it in just about every dinner recipe.
Not only does it add flavor to your food, but it’s really good for you, too. According to WebMD, garlic is used for a myriad of conditions from heart disease to whopping cough.
It’s amazing what a little garlic can do to boost your health.
So, eat lots of it!
Like in this Garlic Chicken and Linguini, for example. Without the yummy garlic, it would just be chicken and linguini in a cream sauce – how boring!
Adding the garlic gives it a kick of flavor and creates a meal that you want to keep eating. Plus, it’s a super simple recipe to add to your menu plan.
It’s ready in about 20 minutes and it’s hearty enough to satisfy even the hungriest at the dinner table. Feel free to personalize the recipe to fit your family’s tastes, too.
Use a rotisserie chicken, if you don’t have any leftovers. You could even use turkey in place of the chicken, if you want.
Switch out the green beans for broccoli, corn or carrots. Or use a different kind of pasta if you don’t have linguini.
It’s a very forgiving recipe, so use what you have on hand instead of running to the grocery store to buy the exact ingredients.
Give it a try – you can thank me later…
Here’s the recipe –
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cube chicken bullion
- 4 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 can green beans, or 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 lb. linguini
- Place butter, chicken bullion and chopped garlic into a large saucepan. Heat on medium temperature until bubbling.
- Whisk in flour, kosher salt and black pepper to create a paste.
- Pour milk into the flour paste and whisk to create a creamy sauce.
- Add parsley, diced chicken and green beans. Stir to combine. Continue cooking on medium temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare linguini as directed on the packaging. Drain and rinse.
- Place 1/2 cup cooked linguini into a bowl and top with a generous scoop of garlic chicken and sauce.
- Serve hot.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on