Looking for an amazingly delicious side dish to go along with your grilled meat? Try my Grilled Garlic Butter Potatoes – they’re super easy to make and they cook on the grill right beside your meat – what could be easier?!
What do you like best cooked on the grill? One of our favorite summertime sides are these Grilled Garlic Butter Potatoes. They are soooo good!
Not only are they the perfect complement to a steak or BBQ Chicken, but they are super simple to make!
As in less than 10 minutes of prep time and the rest of the time, they just sit on the grill while you hang out with your husband or play a game with the kids.
Sure, you’ve gotta flip them every 15 minutes or so, but seriously…how much effort does that take?
And you can switch up the flavors, if you like. Use onion instead of garlic or add in some rosemary or oregano.
You could even add a little mustard or horseradish to the butter sauce to give the potatoes a little kick. (I’m totally trying this the next time I make these!)
Add whatever you like! Then, just wrap it all up tight in a neat little foil pocket and throw it on the grill.
These grilled potatoes taste best when cooked on a charcoal grill, but they’re great on a gas grill, too. Use whatever you have available!
You can even cook them on a smoker grill, which is my husband’s favorite way to grill.
So, the next time your husband says he wants to grill, let him! You can take the night off, just as soon as you whip up these Grilled Garlic Butter Potatoes and throw them on the grill, right beside his steak.
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (I use Yukon gold potatoes, but feel free to use any kind you like)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic, chopped or minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash potatoes, but don't peel.
- Dice potatoes into 2 to 3 inch chunks.
- Combine butter, garlic, black pepper and salt in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds or until the butter melts.
- Cut a large piece of aluminum foil (about 24 to 30 inches long) and fold it in half. Fold up the left and right sides to create a pocket.
- Scoop the potatoes into the pocket.
- Pour the garlic butter over the potatoes and fold the top part of the foil down to close the pocket.
- Wrap a second piece of foil over the pocket to help seal in the butter.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for 1 hour, flipping the packet over every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite grilled meat.
You might also like:
- 21 Best Grilled Side Dishes You Can’t Miss
- 13 Best Grilling Recipes for Meat
- 10 Best Grilled Fruit Desserts and More!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!