Take a step back to your childhood with my yummy Homemade Chicken & Stars Soup recipe. It’s the perfect “warm me up” meal for a cold, winter night.
There is nothing better to feed a little one when they are sick than a good, old fashioned bowl of Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup!
Here’s the Recipe:
Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup star shaped pasta
- Pour the olive oil into a large pot and heat on medium temperature.
- Add garlic and diced onion and saute until the onions begin to brown.
- Add diced chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots to the chicken. Saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth over the meat and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Allow the soup to come to a boil, then turn the temperature down to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add water, chicken bullion and peas to the soup. Turn the temperature back up to high and bring to a boil.
- Pour star shaped pasta into the soup. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!