This Chicken Melt recipe takes me straight back to lunchtime in my Grandmother’s kitchen.
My Gram put this chicken spin on the traditional Tuna Melt for me when I was a kid because I detest Tuna…but, I love the idea of the open-faced sandwich. This Chicken Melt recipe quickly became my favorite lunch meal and I begged for it every time I was at her house for lunch. I hope you like it, too!
Here’s the recipe:
Homemade Chicken Melts
- 1 can chicken
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Tomato sliced
- 8 Cheese sliced
- 4 English muffins You could also use bagels or pita bread instead
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a cookie sheet with foil to reduce your clean up time.
- Split the English muffins and place each half in a toaster and toast until the pieces are light brown.
- Mix the chicken, mayonnaise (or whipped salad dressing), salt and pepper together. Spread the mixture on the English muffins.
- Place a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese on top of the chicken.
- Put the Chicken Melts on the cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!