This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
It’s strawberry season and if you love strawberries then you have to try this recipe for homemade strawberry preserves! It’s quick, easy and only requires 3 ingredients!Strawberries are one of our favorite fruits! We even go to a local farm and pick more than 20 quarts every year to save for the year. Everyone in our family loves them. And if you love strawberries too, then you have to try my recipe for homemade strawberry preserves! This morning when I was making lunches for the girls and my husband, I realized we were out of jelly. Of course, I just went to the grocery store yesterday and forgot to buy it when I was there. So, after everyone left this morning, I decided to whip up a batch of our favorite strawberry preserves and being that it’s May, it seemed like the perfect time to share it with you. After all, it is the beginning of strawberry season.
This recipe is so simple to make and you only need 3 ingredients. Plus, you can use any strawberries you have on hand – frozen or fresh! Try it – you’re going to love it and your family will beg for more. So, let’s get started, shall we?
Homemade Strawberry Preserves
Dump the strawberries into a large pot.
Pour sugar on top…
Add the apple pieces…
Heat it up.
That’s it! You’re all done….
Store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Now, go have some toast. You deserve it!
Here’s the printable recipe for these delicious Homemade Strawberry Preserves:
- 4 cups strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- Place strawberries into a large pot.
- Pour sugar over strawberries.
- Add apple.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour into mason jars or freezer safe containers. Cool on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes or until the jelly has solidified.
- Place lids on containers and refrigerate for 2 to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
Use your homemade strawberry preserves on Strawberry Stuffed French Toast, PB&J sandwiches, ice cream, yogurt or use in place of canned strawberries in your favorite recipes.
Here’s Even More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle With Angel Food Cake
- Miniature Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins: Ready to Eat in Just 30 Minutes!
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Sangria Recipe
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on