These Lemon Balm Sugar Cookies not only taste amazing, but they’re good for you, too. So, give yourself a treat and make some today!
A while back, I posted my recipe for homemade lemon balm tincture and if my stats are any indication, then you guys wanna see more herbal recipes…am I right?
So, today, I’m sharing another lemon balm recipe…in the form of sugar cookies. Oh yes!
Because who doesn’t love sugar cookies? And the idea of putting a little healthy into them makes it all the better, doesn’t it?
A spoon full of sugar, helps the medicine go down… – Mary Poppins
As I mentioned in my lemon balm tincture post, I love to use herbal remedies and honestly, I’d chose them over conventional medicine ANY DAY!
But, I’ve just recently stepped out of the realm of “pick up some remedies at the health food store” and into the world of “make your own remedies out of herbal and natural ingredients”.
This past summer was the first time I’ve ever made my own tinctures and I have to tell you…I’m addicted!
It’s so much fun to grow your own herbs all summer and then use them to treat random ailments throughout the year.
And not only are herbal tinctures an awesome way to soothe a variety of health problems, but, you can use any of your tinctures just as you would regular flavor extracts in the kitchen, too!
So, add a little homemade lemon balm tincture to your cookies in place of regular lemon extract from who knows where. It’s really nice to know what you’re putting into your remedies.
Especially when you’re consuming it and most especially when you’re giving them to your children! And speaking of giving them to your children…what kid wouldn’t prefer to eat a lemon balm sugar cookie over taking a spoonful of tincture?
Seriously! Why didn’t my mom give me lemon balm cookies when I was a kid?!
The next time you’ve got the urge for something lemon-y or someone you love is suffering from any of these conditions, whip up a batch and see if these cookies don’t make it all better!
- Large mixing bowl and electric mixer or stand mixer
- Medium cookie scoop
- Baking sheet
- Homemade Lemon Balm Tincture (or you can buy some here!)
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon balm tincture, see post for recipe link or lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add butter, egg and lemon balm tincture (or lemon extract) to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet and allow them to cool on a wire rack or a sheet of waxed paper.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends: