Do you love having frozen cheese pizza handy for quick lunches, but hate the chemicals and preservatives you’re eating in them? Stop buying them and start making your own individual cheese pizza for the freezer with the simple recipe in this post!
As you know, I love homemade pizza and we eat a lot of it around here. I almost always make my own…with the exception of buying a few from Schwan’s every month.
I love their pizza’s and I’ve been buying them for a long time, but I’ve been working on reducing our ever-growing grocery bill – why didn’t anyone tell me that 2 teenage girls eat as much as 5 grown men?! – and I realized that I spend quite a bit of money on frozen pizza. Specifically, frozen cheese pizza…which I can totally make myself, right?
I do it all the time for dinner – so why not make some for lunches, too? Making homemade pizza is a great way to reduce your grocery bill two-fold.
You’re no longer buying frozen pizza at the grocery store and you always have something ready to pull out of the freezer for lunch or dinner, reducing your takeout bill each month, too! So, instead of wasting your money on frozen cheese pizza and takeout – give this recipe a try – you’ll never need to go back in the freezer section again. Here’s the recipe –
- Bread machine
- Measuring cups/spoons
- 4 large baking sheets (15 inch x 21 inch)
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap
- Gallon zipper bags
- 1 batch Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- 1 batch Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 batch bread machine pizza dough
- 1 batch homemade pizza sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 16 oz. package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Additional toppings, if desired
- Prepare bread machine pizza dough as directed in the recipe.
- Prepare homemade pizza sauce as directed in the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto 4 large (15" x 21") baking sheets.
- Pour dough onto lightly floured surface. Separate pizza dough into 8 equal sections.
- Roll each dough ball into a round, pizza shape, about 8 to 10 inches in diameter. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with each additional dough balls.
- Place pizza crusts into the oven, 2 sheets at a time, and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove pizza crusts from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Repeat with the additional crusts.
- Spread approx. 1/4 cup pizza sauce onto each pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce on each pizza. Add additional toppings, if desired.
- Wrap each individual cheese pizza with plastic wrap. Stack pizza's on top of each other. Place inside a gallon-sized zipper bag.
- Write "Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes" on the zipper bag.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2 months! Remove individual cheese pizza as desired and bake as directed.
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning to make your own Individual Cheese Pizza for the freezer!
We love being able to pull out individual cheese pizza for lunch and sometimes, dinner – they taste sooo much butter than store-bought and I’m sure they’re healthier, too.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on