This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Love McDonald’s apple pie? Then you have to try this recipe – it’s packed full of cinnamon and apple goodness that is sure to keep you out of the drive-thru.
Indulge yourself on the run with this delicious McDonald’s Apple Pie copycat recipe instead of wasting your money at the drive-thru. They’re easy to make and they taste even better than the pies you get from McDonald’s anyway.
We all love McDonald’s Apple Pie, especially my husband. Whenever he visits the drive-thru he picks up at least 2 of them.
I admit they’re delicious and it’s super easy to pick one up when you pass-by your local drive-thru. That’s probably how they manage to sell so many of them to suckers like the husband.
Unfortunately, grabbing a pie from Mickey D’s every day gets a little expensive. Plus, each little pie clocks in at 240 calories and 11 grams of fat.
Both your wallet and your body will thank you for making your own!
Here’s the recipe –
*View my resources page to see my favorites supplies!
- 11 inch x 17 inch Baking sheet
- Medium pot
- Rolling pin
- Apple peeler
- Sharp knife
- Wire rack
- Large mixing bowl
- Super Simple Pie Crust
- APPLE PIE:
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Super Simple Pie Crust
- VANILLA GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 11 inch by 17 inch baking sheet.
- Peel the apples and dice into small, bite-sized pieces. Place diced apples into a medium pot on the stove.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to the pot. Stir to coat the apples.
- Drizzle water over the apples. Cover the pot and heat on medium-low temperature for 5 to 8 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Roll the pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface. Cut the crust into squares, about 4 inches in size. Lay each square on a prepared baking sheet.
- Place a tablespoon of the apple mixture onto the center of each square of pie crust. Fold the square over to create a triangle. Use a wet fork to seal the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the crust is lightly brown. Cool Apple Pies on a wire rack for 10 minutes before glazing.
- MAKE THE GLAZE: Cream together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla, then slowly mix in the milk, one tablespoon at a time. Continue mixing until the glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over Apple Pies. Allow the glaze to set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on