Check your boring, old apples at the door – these Miniature Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pies are the perfect spring treat to make for your family!
Happy Monday! Today I’m sharing my recipe for Miniature Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pies and I think you’re going to love them!
These decadent little hand-held pies make a great treat for enjoying outside in the gorgeous spring weather!
Fresh strawberries are making their way into the grocery store and the frozen variety are super cheap right now. So, it’s the perfect time to pick up a bag to make these yummy strawberry pies.
The recipe makes 18 miniature strawberry pies, so they’re perfect for serving your own family a few times or even making just 1 batch for a large gathering.
Plus, they literally take about 30 minutes to make and bake.
Which of course, means no time crunch so, you can make them anytime. Below, I’ve included a step-by-step photo tutorial as well as the printable recipe.
So, without further blabber, let’s get baking!
- Gallon zipper bags
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Large mixing bowl with electric mixer or stand mixer
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Small pot
- Wooden spoon
- Wire cooling rack
- Small mixing bowl
Photo Tutorial (scroll down for the printable recipe):
Here’s the printable recipe:
- For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 6 to 7 tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
- 2 cups strawberries, frozen and drained - reserve juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the glaze:
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup strawberry juice, reserved from above
To make the crust:
- Pour the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt.
- Sprinkle in the cocoa powder and give it a quick mix.
- Add the shortening and mix until crumbs form. Drizzle in the water, while still mixing, one tablespoon at a time.
- Split the dough into two balls and place each into a large Ziploc bag. Roll the dough, in each bag, into 1/8 inch thick squares. Cut each square into 9 smaller squares.
To make the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pot on medium temperature. Stir constantly, until thick.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the strawberry mixture onto each square of dough. Fold the dough over, into a triangle and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the mini pies from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle mini pies with Strawberry Glaze.
To make the glaze:
- Combine the sugar, cream cheese and strawberry juice in a large mixing bowl. Stir with an electric mixer until creamy. Drizzle over Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mini Pies.
Want more strawberry recipes? Check these out…
Like this post?
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends: