Need a minty treat? These Minty Crunch Ice Cream Parfaits are sure to cure any mint or chocolate craving! Plus, the green color makes them the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert, too!
*UPDATED FROM OLD POST!
Oh wow – have I got a dessert for you to try today! Every year we go to our local firehouse for an all-you-can-eat corned beef and cabbage dinner on St. Patrick’s Day, so I generally cook my corned beef and cabbage a few days ahead of time.
Last night was the night, but because we were having company over, I wanted to make a special dessert, too.
Unfortunately, I didn’t prepare ahead and I had no idea what I was going to throw together.
So, off to the refrigerator, freezer and pantry I went searching for something that would make a great St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
Lucky for me, my parents brought a box of vanilla ice cream over for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and half the carton was left in the freezer. My initial idea was to make green mint ice cream.
However, once I mixed up the ice cream, I realized it wasn’t going to freeze hard enough to eat at dinner time. That of course, led me back to the pantry and refrigerator trying to figure out what I was going to add to the ice cream to make it a dessert that we could eat in two hours time.
It was then that I found the vanilla pudding mix, which led me to these delicious Minty Crunch Ice Cream Parfaits that are guaranteed to blow your socks off.
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowl and electric hand-mixer or Stand mixer
- Tall drinking glasses or parfait glasses
- Ice cream scoop
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 large wintergreen candy cane, feel free to use peppermint, if you like
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookies
- Break the candy cane into small pieces and place into a food processor. Process the candy cane until it is a fine dust.
- Add the vanilla ice cream to the food processor and mix with the crushed candy cane.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and instant vanilla pudding mix with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add the green food coloring to the pudding and mix with the mixer until combined.
- Fold the mint ice cream into the pudding mixture. Freeze for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar. Whip on high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and gently, fold into the whipped cream.
- Fill 4 tall glasses half-full with the ice cream mixture. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of crushed chocolate cookie over the cream.
- Add another layer of the cream mixture. Sprinkle remaining crushed chocolate cookies over the top of each parfait.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on