Today is National French Fries Day!
In honor of this special day, I’ve prepared this delicious post of Homemade French Fries with Balsamic Dipping Sauce.Around here, we love french fries and we eat them quite a bit. But, because we love them so much, it’s nice to switch up the recipe now and then. Sometimes, I add different spices and seasonings to the fries and other times, I just serve them with a fun dipping sauce. This recipe for homemade french fries is my go-to recipe. It’s simple and the fries always come out crispy and delicious. The balsamic dipping sauce is actually a quick and easy salad dressing recipe that I threw together one day and it has quickly become a family favorite. We use it all the time…on just about everything! And the girls just love it on french fries! Here’s the recipe…
Supplies/Equipment You’ll Need:
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Ingredients for the french fries:
- 4 to 6 yukon gold potatoes
- Seasoning salt , as desired
Ingredients for the balsamic dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Preheat your deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or as instructed by the manufacturer for french fries.
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut into long rectangles using a sharp knife or french fry cutter.
- Place french fries into the deep fryer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or as instructed by the manufacturer.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil and Italian salad dressing mix in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a small dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove french fries from the deep fryer and place onto a cookie sheet lined with paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt, as desired.
- Serve your homemade french fries with balsamic dipping sauce and enjoy!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends: