Looking for a comforting dinner to serve your family on a chilly night? Try my Sloppy Joe Casserole tonight – it’s quick, easy and so delicious.My family loves Sloppy Joe’s. It’s a quick and easy meal that takes just a few minutes to throw together. Over the years we’ve made a variety of meals with the Sloppy Joe meat sauce. One of our favorites is my Sloppy Joe Goulash and now, this Sloppy Joe Casserole. It will definitely become a regular on our menu plan! But, since we’re coming in to the final stretch of our move (we’re expecting to close on our new house in less than a week), we’ve been eating out of the pantry and freezer a lot lately. I’m trying to empty things out so we don’t have to box up tons of food to make the 5 hour trek to our new home. Plus, it’ll be kind of fun to stock up our new kitchen. Anyway, that’s how I ended up with this delicious recipe. I had planned to make my Barbecue Shepherd’s Pie and realized that I didn’t have all the ingredients necessary, so I turned it into this Sloppy Joe Casserole instead. My family loved it and if you like Sloppy Joe’s, you’re going to love it, too! Here’s the recipe –
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 18 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 pouch instant potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour oil into a large skillet. Heat on medium temperature.
- Add chopped garlic and ground beef to the hot oil. Saute until the meat is brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes and barbecue sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare potatoes as directed on the packaging.
- Pour the meat mixture into an 8 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!