Looking for a comforting dinner to serve your family on a chilly night? Try my Sloppy Joe Casserole tonight – it’s quick, easy and so delicious.
My family loves Sloppy Joe’s. It’s a quick and easy meal that takes just a few minutes to throw together. Over the years we’ve made a variety of meals with the Sloppy Joe meat sauce. One of our favorites is my Sloppy Joe Goulash and now, this Sloppy Joe Casserole.
It will definitely become a regular on our menu plan!
But, since we’re coming in to the final stretch of our move (we’re expecting to close on our new house in less than a week), we’ve been eating out of the pantry and freezer a lot lately.
I’m trying to empty things out so we don’t have to box up tons of food to make the 5 hour trek to our new home.
Plus, it’ll be kind of fun to stock up our new kitchen.
Anyway, that’s how I ended up with this delicious recipe. I had planned to make my Barbecue Shepherd’s Pie and realized that I didn’t have all the ingredients necessary, so I turned it into this Sloppy Joe Casserole instead.
My family loved it and if you like Sloppy Joe’s, you’re going to love it, too!
Here’s the recipe –
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 18 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 pouch instant potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour oil into a large skillet. Heat on medium temperature.
- Add chopped garlic and ground beef to the hot oil. Saute until the meat is brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes and barbecue sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare potatoes as directed on the packaging.
- Pour the meat mixture into an 8 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You might also like:
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on