This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my policies to learn more.
This slow cooker Lemon Ginger Chicken is incredible! You’re going to love it!!
I can’t believe that we are still eating things like this Lemon Ginger Chicken in June, but here we are…desperately searching for cold weather foods to keep us warm. The weather this season has been absolutely ridiculous and as of this morning, the temperature is just 42 degrees Fahrenheit….in June…
It should be double that!
We should be eating salads!
Actually, you could totally put this chicken on a salad…just remove it from the sauce before creating the gravy.
It would be amazing!
But for now, here’s the recipe for this yummy chicken in gravy. Slop it on some buns or sandwich bread and call it good!
Or if you want to get really fancy, pour it over pasta, rice or even mashed potatoes!
- Slow Cooker (This is the one I use)
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Place the chicken breasts into the bowl of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and celery seed.
- Add grated ginger and bullion cubes.
- Pour juice of 2 lemons and water over the meat.
- Cover and cook on high temperature for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and place on a cutting board or large platter.
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Whisk 4 tablespoons of flour into the broth.
- Return shredded chicken to the gravy.
- Cover and cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes.
- Serve over buns, sandwich bread or pasta.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, recipes, coupons for VLHamlinDesign and more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on