Need a quick, easy breakfast treat for the kids? Try these homemade Snickerdoodle Scones – they’re amazingly delicious and ready in 20 minutes or less!
A few days ago, my youngest daughter was complaining about not having anything “good” for breakfast. Mind you, we had cereal, eggs, oatmeal, pancake mix, frozen fruit for smoothies and bread for toast.
But, there was nothing good to eat!
So, instead of being a mean mommy and forcing her to eat something we already had, I decided to play nice mommy and make her a special breakfast treat.
She loves scones, so I thought they’d be a great option. But, I wanted to make something “different” to satisfy her need for something other than the usual breakfast foods.
Since she really enjoys having homemade cinnamon toast, I combined the two ideas to come up with these delicious Snickerdoodle Scones.
We’ve made a ton of different kinds of scones over the years and Maple Cinnamon Chip and Golden Raisin Scones are our favorite. But, these Snickerdoodle Scones come in at a really close second…they might even win out!
They are so good and they’re perfect for breakfast, snack-time or even dessert with vanilla ice cream. Plus, they are ready in about 20 minutes to prepare…you can’t beat that for homemade baked goods!
Be sure to give this one a try, you’re family will thank you.
Here’s the recipe –
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease an 11 inch by 17 inch baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter (or two forks) until the mixture resembles a crumby dough.
- Combine the beaten egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl. Stir into the dough mixture, slowly, until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or 2 large spoons to scoop the scones onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip warm scones into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on wire racks to cool.
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on