This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Did you use any of my Spring Cleaning Tips for inside of the house, yet? Yes? Awesome!
I’m still working on checking off the list.
But, today we’re going to move outside.
Hopefully, it’s warm enough where you live to get out there and start cleaning up the mess that old-man winter left for you. And if you live anywhere in the Northeast…you likely have a big mess to clean up this year!
So, let’s get started!
Spring Cleaning Tips – Outside the House
The Front Porch
- Use a broom or feather duster to clean the cobwebs from the eves and around your gutters and windows.
- Sweep away debris from the porch and/or front steps.
- Hang a spring welcome sign or flag at your front door.
- Rake the leaves that blew throughout the winter.
- Mow your lawn.
- Fill any potholes that occurred during winter.
- Return gravel/stone to driveway that was plowed into the yard by your awesome plow man (in my case, my husband).
- Plant your seedlings indoors, if you haven’t already.
- Remove leaves, debris and dead plant life from your garden, flower beds, etc.
- Fix fencing, garden beds or trellis.
- Get your garden tools cleaned and sharpened.
- Use a hand rake or a pitchfork to loosen your garden soil.
- Feed your soil…FEED IT (sorry, I couldn’t help myself!). Provide your soil with some nutrients by covering with 1/2 inch of compost or fertilized soil.
- Build a compost bin.
I hope this list of Spring Cleaning Tips for Outside the House helps you prepare your lawn and garden for a prosperous growing season!
Download a free printable Spring Cleaning Checklist here!
Check out my Pinterest Board “In the Garden” for more tips and inspiration.
Read more in this series:
- Spring Cleaning Inside The House
- Free Printable Spring Cleaning Checklist
- 10 DIY Cleaning Products with Recipes
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends: