What could be a better breakfast (or lunch or dinner) than French Toast smothered in cream cheese and strawberries? This Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe is perfect for any occasion!
My husband and the girls love to have a big breakfast as often as possible, whereas, I’m not much of a breakfast eater. I’d rather just get my coffee and get to work.
However, I don’t mind having a breakfast meal for dinner once in awhile. And sometimes I even manage to come up with a winning breakfast recipe. Like this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast recipe…
I copied this recipe from a restaurant that used to be in a neighboring town. They had the most awesome selection of stuffed french toast.
Strawberry was one option, but they also had blueberry, peaches and cream, maple walnut and a variety of others.
The first time we went there, I was shocked because I didn’t even know that anyone put anything on french toast other than maple syrup.
Seriously, people! Who would have thought to stuff french toast with cream cheese and fruit instead of butter and maple syrup?
Well, not me. At least not before that.
Now, however, I’m a believer.
I mean, I still love my maple syrup drenched french toast, don’t get me wrong. I’m a New Yorker at heart and a Vermonter by location…maple syrup runs through my veins.
But, every now and then a little switch is nice and this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast does the trick.
So, the next time you’re looking for something new, pull out your griddle and give it a try – your family will thank you!
Here’s the recipe…
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices bread
- 1 quart strawberries, frozen
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Additional strawberries and powdered sugar, if desired
- Preheat a griddle or large frying pan to medium temperature on the stove-top.
- Whisk together, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and ground cinnamon in a wide bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and place onto the preheated pan.
- Cook french toast for 3 to 4 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the toast, then cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place thawed strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar into a medium pot.
- Heat on medium temperature until steaming. Remove from heat before boiling.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a butter knife to spread cream cheese mixture onto 4 slices of french toast.
- Scoop strawberries and juices over the cream cheese. Cover with an additional slice of french toast.
- Sprinkle with additional strawberries and powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on