This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Looking for an easy pickle recipe that’s not full of chemicals and preservatives? Try this recipe for Sweet & Tangy Refrigerator Pickles – they taste better than store-bought and they’re healthier for you, too.
We eat a lot of pickles around here. In fact, my family consumes at least a jar a week. Sweet pickles, bread and butter pickles, dill pickles, spicy pickles…it doesn’t matter what kind. We love them all. Sweet & Tangy Refrigerator Pickles are one of our favorites. Mostly because they’re so easy to make.
All you need to make these delicious pickles is some sugar, vinegar and a few spices.
Oh and of course, the cucumbers. Can’t forget those!
This recipe is so simple – you’re going to want to make these all the time, I promise.
So, let’s get started!
Here’s the recipe –
*View my resources page to see my favorite supplies!
- Sharp knife or food processor
- Large pot
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Pint-sized jars
- 6 cucumbers
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Wash cucumbers. Slice cucumbers thin using a sharp knife or food processor with a slicer attachment.
- Measure sugar into a large pot.
- Add vinegar to the sugar.
- Sprinkle in the celery seed, mustard seed, turmeric and red pepper flakes.
- Heat vinegar mixture on high until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add sliced cucumbers to the vinegar mixture.
- Return to heat and bring back to boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cucumbers become translucent. Remove from heat.
- Transfer pickles to 3 pint sized jars.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
You might also like:
- Quick & Easy Homemade Refrigerator Pickles Any Time of the Year!
- Bread and Butter Dill Pickles Recipe
- Dill Zucchini Pickles Recipe
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on